Now more than ever, your business communications are a critical enabler to success.
But things are changing in the world of telecoms and your existing telephony solution might become obsolete soon.
What is Happening?
BT Openreach has announced it intends to switch off traditional landlines in 2025. This is commonly referred to as the Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN) and Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) switch off.
The Switch Off Timeline
- 2017 – BT Openreach announces intentions to switch off the PSTN in 2025.
- 2019 – BT Openreach strengthens the fibre network.
- 2023 – Providers stop selling PSTN and ISDN products.
- 2025 – PSTN completely phased out.
What is the Alternative
Voice over the Internet (VoIP) services uses your internet connection to transmit voice calls. This is a much better alternative to traditional landlines, and it will be the industry standard for years to come.
Hold on, I am still not convinced. Why is VoIP better than traditional landlines?
VoIP solutions offer a range of advantages over traditional landlines. A VoIP solution is:
- Scalable – It grows with your business and adjusts to your needs.
- Flexible – It does not tie you down to a physical location
- Cost-effective – There are cheaper call rates, and ongoing costs.
- Future-proof – Continually upgraded, your system is always up to date.
It is time to start planning your move to the future of business communications – the longer you wait, the more opportunities you are missing out on.
We can help you transition to a VoIP phone system to help your business succeed. Give us a call today to discuss how we can help your business choose the right solution for your needs.